This month at Karma Skincare, all teachers, professors, educators and students receive 10% off any skin care or waxing service. Offer expires September 30th.
Back to School Tips for Treating Teen Acne
Get your teenagers skin in shape before school starts. Here are 9 tips to improve teenage acne:
- Clean off cell phone screen
- Clean makeup brushes weekly
- Limit junk food & eat a well balanced diet:Diet is not the cause of acne but it certainly can worsen or improve an existing acne condition.
- Do not pick: Picking spreads bacteria, creates more acne lesions and can also lead to permanent scars.
- Limit stress: Stress triggers the adrenal glands to produce excess of the hormone androgen which triggers breakouts.
- Avoid excessive exfoliation/scrubbing: Exfoliation is key to improving acne but overly exfoliating the skin can only worsen acne and cause the skin to produce extra oil.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep every night: Our skin rejuvenates and repairs while we sleep.
- Avoid alcohol based toners: Alcohol based toners strip the skin of its natural oils, when this happens the skin goes into overdrive to produce more oil which can lead to more breakouts.
- Use Karma Skincare’s Acne Kit: The kit contains 4 easy to use products that eliminate acne in its tracks. Acne Kit is $52.
For more tips and advice or for more information about Karma Skincare, please visit our website at karma-skincare.com.