Deep River is host to many wonderful community events throughout the year. In the spring we have our Annual Fishing Derby, Easter Egg Hunt and Memorial Day Parade. In the summer we have outdoor concerts and movies in the park and our historic Deep River Muster, attracting musicians and visitors from all over the country. We end the year with great events such as Family Day and our Halloween parade and our Holiday Stroll in December.
All of our town events are very popular and designed to be fun for the entire family. Check our news & events page often for continuous updates about town happenings as well as specials and promotions from our local businesses.
Join us Saturday November 14th for the 10th Annual Jams for Cans to help support our local food pantry. Each year this great event helps to raise so much needed food for our neighbors in need. Please join us, check out some great local music and support those in need!
Click the link below to download our poster.
Do you enjoy delicious food, beer and wine? If so, join Dough on Main at the 4th annual Chester Wine & Beer Tasting on Saturday, June 6, from 6:30pm to 10pm. The event will be held at the Chester Fairgrounds, located on Route 154 in Chester.
For more information visit the Chester Fair website at chesterfair.org.
The holidays have officially arrived in Deep River as our Main Street lamp posts were decorated today! The Deep River Merchants Association is proud to supply the festive decorations for our Main Street and once again Ashleigh’s Garden was a huge help in getting the wreaths finished.
A special THANK YOU to First Selectman Dick Smith, his town crew and other volunteers for hanging our decorations today!
Please come on down to Main Street in Deep River, get a jump on your holiday shopping and see the beautiful holiday decorations up and down the street.
Don’t forget the Deep River Holiday Stroll on December 6th….see you there!
Several Deep River Merchants Association businesses are collecting food during the month of November to help support our local food pantry in time for the holidays. The pantry is very low and we need all the help we can get to help our neighbors for Thanksgiving!
Please help us by dropping off your non-perishable food donations at any of the following businesses:
We are collecting food through Monday, November 24th.
Join us Saturday November 8th for Jams for Cans and help us support our local food pantry.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Help us support breast cancer research at Razz Salon and add some style and color at the same time! Visit Razz during October and show your support by purchasing special pink hair extensions for just $15 each! All proceeds will be donated to breast cancer research. We appreciate your support and hope to see you soon!
This month at Karma Skincare, all teachers, professors, educators and students receive 10% off any skin care or waxing service. Offer expires September 30th.
Back to School Tips for Treating Teen Acne
Get your teenagers skin in shape before school starts. Here are 9 tips to improve teenage acne:
- Clean off cell phone screen
- Clean makeup brushes weekly
- Limit junk food & eat a well balanced diet:Diet is not the cause of acne but it certainly can worsen or improve an existing acne condition.
- Do not pick: Picking spreads bacteria, creates more acne lesions and can also lead to permanent scars.
- Limit stress: Stress triggers the adrenal glands to produce excess of the hormone androgen which triggers breakouts.
- Avoid excessive exfoliation/scrubbing: Exfoliation is key to improving acne but overly exfoliating the skin can only worsen acne and cause the skin to produce extra oil.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep every night: Our skin rejuvenates and repairs while we sleep.
- Avoid alcohol based toners: Alcohol based toners strip the skin of its natural oils, when this happens the skin goes into overdrive to produce more oil which can lead to more breakouts.
- Use Karma Skincare’s Acne Kit: The kit contains 4 easy to use products that eliminate acne in its tracks. Acne Kit is $52.
For more tips and advice or for more information about Karma Skincare, please visit our website at karma-skincare.com.
Visit Celebrations and help them celebrate their 32nd year on Main Street in Deep River!
GET 30% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE during their 32nd annual birthday sale. Sale starts Tuesday September 2nd and runs through Saturday September 6th.
August 1, 2014 marks Carmen’s Hair Works 13 year anniversary.
We wish hair works another 13 + of hair styling happiness.
A full service hair salon located in the south end of Deep River at 83 Main Street #A. Carmen, Owner/Master Stylist at Hairworks Barber Shop Salon is a highly trained, cutting-edge professional in a clean, friendly atmosphere. She would love to meet you, stop in and say hello.